Although the personal approach of 1-1 personal training is great especially when you get to focus all of your time on one client, what we generally find as personal trainers is that when it comes to losing weight, people tend to get better results when they are training in a group environment.
Boot camps are very popular these days and 2012 will see more and more of these popping up all over the place. in fact a lot of companies who run Boot Camps runs them in tandem with Personal Training with David Lee coach or Small Group training. You will often find that 1-1 personal training clients will also get automatic free access to boot camps as well because most trainers know that even though you can get great results training people 1-1, that when they add boot-camp or group training to the mix that it really ups the results ten fold.
Here are just of the reasons why choosing boot-camp or small group training over 1-1 personal training may be a better choice for you.
- You will save money – Group personal training in its nature will be cheaper because the trainers time is split between more people. If you were training 1-1 with a typical personal trainer in the UK it would cost you around £350 per month for 2 sessions a week, whereas you can get 3 sessions a week training the same trainer at a boot-camp for around £97 per month. A lot of trainers even offer guaranteed results with their bootcamps, so you can be sure of getting results as well.
- You will work harder in a group – Training with other like minded people who also happen to have the same goals will make you work harder. It’s natural that you will not want to look bad in front of people and that will motivate you to work as hard as possible. You will not want to be the only person stopping when everyone else is still going strong.
- Ready made support network. – Group training like a boot camp is great because you have a support network of people going through the same weight loss journey, all with the same struggles and temptations. This means you can talk to your fellow trainers about this and support each other.
- Meet new friends. – This is something that you don’t get to do when training 1-1 with a personal trainer or when your working out in the gym. Our exercise sessions at Lean Body Fit Camp are designed to get you to work in tandem with other people.
- Train with existing friends –If you have a friend, partner or a family member who want to lose some weight as well them group of bootcamp training could be something that you could do together. Working together on a shared goal can be very rewarding and it provides you with an instant accountability partner who can keep you on the straight and narrow.
- Try before you buy –Most boot camps in the UK and the United States will let you try it for free for a week before deciding if it’s for you. This means you can get a feel for it and try out some of the exercises before making a commitment.
- Social proof –If you see other people getting results week on week then that will push you harder to not get left behind.
There are literally hundreds of boot camps running throughout the country so I urge you to consider these as a great way losing those last few pounds that you have been struggling with.